Camp Shands will provide a trained Provisional Scoutmaster for both male and female scouts all 5 weeks of camp. Our goal is to provide the scouts with a troop-like experience, incorporating PLC elections, ideal campsite, and more! There is an extra fee of $25 per scout who wishes to register as a provisional and all will receive a camp t-shirt and a printed troop picture with their registration fee.
Recommended items to bring to camp
- Enough clothes for a week at camp, including plenty of socks.
- Closed-toe shoes are to be worn at all times, and a spare pair of shoes is important!
- Field (“Class A”) uniform, and appropiate clothing wear.
- Swim suit, towels, and sunscreen
- Toiletries: soap, toothbrush, toothpaste, comb, etc.
- Raincoat or poncho
- Compass, insect repellent, pocket knife and flashlight
- Sleeping bag or sheet and blanket, camp tents do have cots provided.
- Scout handbook, merit badge books, paper, and pens
- Spending money ($50.00)
- Locked trunk to store everything (or at least valuables)
Please DO NOT send unnecessary items to camp that might get broken, lost, or stolen Camp Shands is NOT responsible for any lost, broken or stolen items.